Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Second Millennium

 

Dec12 304

 

She has gone and done it!  Team 15 Purple, Ms, Christine, has crossed the two thousand mile marker.  That’s right.  TWO THOUSAND miles!  That’s a lot of hoof beats.  When we started this Derby, I had no idea of the miles that riders could put under their saddles.  I knew what I could do, but didn’t really know my competition. 

 

I don’t know how much Christine rode before the Derby.  A cyber friend, I knew she rode quite a bit but I bet 2,000 miles even surprised her.  You done good, girl.  Congratulations! 

 

This little horse and mule race isn’t over yet.  #41 Juanita is beating down the roads again.  There are not that many miles separating the two.  You both better keep on riding! 

 

Distance Derby 2013 

There are still 10 Derby 2012 riders who haven’t claimed their number for 2013.  I like to keep the numbering system clean so I will start giving away those numbers with the next new entries.  You can still join at a later date, but won’t be guaranteed your number.

If you decided not to continue in 2013, I hope you enjoyed this past year.  It was great riding with you “virtually” and we’ll see you on the trails. 

 


ddtrophy

DISTANCE DERBY AWARDS PARTY

The Distance Derby Award Party will be held at Chance Ridge in Elkhorn on Sunday, January 27 at 4:00 PM.  It will be a fun opportunity for us to get together and pat each other on the back and celebrate our year long ride.  This will be a pot luck event in the heated social hall.  Bring your own table service and a dish to share with the other Derby Riders.  Event open to all.  You are welcome to bring a friend or two.   

2 comments:

Tammy Vasa said...

I'm seeing all the ride reports coming in from today and wishing I would have done the same. Mom duty called... but still... Ten day forecast sure isn't looking pleasant. If it is going to be cold, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Distance Derby said...

Merry Christmas to my fellow Derby riders. Its been a great year!

Tammy
http://www.horsetrailriders.com/2012/12/a-year-in-review.html