Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Final Stretch

 

 

Our second rider, Team 41 Juanita, has crossed the 2,000 mile marker and is now ahead by a nose.  There are only 7 miles separating the first and second rider.  I don’t think we will know the winner until the very end. 

 

In looking at the Leader Board, there are a lot of riders who are just a few miles away from that next placing.  Here in Nebraska, we aren’t being dealt the best weather for playing catch-up at this late date, but if you were so inclined, it could be done. 

 

Remember, all mileage must be submitted within 7 days of the ride, so the placings will not be final until January 7. 

 

I want to thank you for making this Distance Derby a success.  I have had a lot of fun chasing the miles and meeting many of you in person and through cyberspace.  I’m looking forward to doing it all over again.  To date, we have 68 teams for Distance Derby 2013

 

Don’t forget the Awards Ceremony January 27th at Chance Ridge.

 

Happy New Year to you all!

 

.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Getting exciting! GO Juanita!! I'm aiming for 2 miles everyday I don't have my son at home, so 4-5 miles a day until the end should be a cake walk for you. :-)

Distance Derby said...

7.12 Jamie! You can do it!