Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Team 31: Ottis E Ranch (Tom)

 

image

 

My husband Tom and I have both had or been around horses most of our lives. Since we married we have enjoyed doing many things together with horses. I have 2 college age kids who both grew up around horses but only my son has a minimal interest in riding.

We are in the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Posse. We do parking for events, color guard, parades, and search and rescue along with trail rides, team sorting, cattle drives and anything else you can use a horse for.

We have 6 horses. Star is 20+ ½ Arabian, Shaaheed 19 and Giovanni 12 are both purebred Arabians, Rashad 6 is Quarab, Buck is 4 and ½ mustang, ½ quarter, Rowdy is 3 and a full quarter. We ride them all for different things. Rowdy and Buck are green broke. Gio has been previously only used for show. The others are well broke and can go about anywhere.

We probably won’t win the high mileage but we will have fun trying.

.

9 comments:

Lea Anne said...

Finally got 3 miles in today on Rowdy in our pasture. Maximum speed was 45.7 mph. It must have been when Tom went flying out of the saddle.

Anonymous said...

Tom rode 2 miles yesterday and 3 miles today.

Anonymous said...

I rode 2 miles today and 2.5 miles today.

Anonymous said...

I rode 2.5 miles today.

Anonymous said...

I rode 4 miles today.

Anonymous said...

I rode 3 miles today.

Anonymous said...

I rode 4 miles today

Anonymous said...

I rode 1.5 miles yesterday

Anonymous said...

I rode 6 miles on Sunday and 3 miles last night.